Remedial Therapy / Pain Management
Bodywork Health is a specialist in remedial massage and pain management.
Sam is a fully qualified therapist with over 8 years’ extensive experience in helping her clients to manage physical pain. Sam has worked for 3 years with The Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Group and has worked with a number of conditions including M.S, Spondylitis, Crohn’s Disease and many more.
Remedial massage is ideal for the relief and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries or conditions, whether through sport, occupation, postural problems, or a specific trauma. It is one of the deepest and most effective forms of injury prevention and treatment.
Remedial massage is deep manipulation of the soft and connective tissues of the body leading to relief from acute or chronic muscular pain, an increase in joint mobility, improved circulation and a profound effect on relaxation levels.
Remedial Massage - Short term effects:
- Increase in blood flow, both locally and generally
- Increased lymphatic flow to and from the area treated, reducing pain, swelling, inflammation and speeding up the body's own healing process
- Relieve from stress and tension, factors which are known to hinder healing or slow it down
- Reduced muscle tension, thereby improving the blood supply to an area
- Increased muscle tone
Remedial Massage - Long term effects:
- Improved general circulation
- Balance of the muscles and joints, leading to a better state of health
- Breaking down of scar or fibrous tissue, restoring elasticity to the joints
- Greater mobility within the joints of the body
- Overall relief of stress
- Greater immunity to further injuries of the same area
" Sam is a consummate professional and an awesome massage therapist. In just one session with her, inflammation round one of my back joints reduced by 50%. After the second session it had gone. And I've walked around with that, and its consequences, for decades! A regular massage with Sam is now definitely part of my health care plan. "