Stone Therapy Massage
Bodywork Health is delighted to offer hot and cold stone therapy treatments.
Sam is a fully qualified therapist with over 5 years’ experience in using stone treatments. Stone therapy can be used either on its own or to compliment other treatments such as sport or remedial massage.
The physiological benefits of alternating hot and cold to the body have long been scientifically and medically proven. Stone therapy goes beyond the physical experience of typical massage and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well-being, creating a positive approach to body, mind, and sprit philosophy.
Bodywork Health uses the finest stones made from volcanic basalt, jade and marble.
Call Bodywork Health today and get 20% off your first treatment.
Benefits of cold stones:
- Alleviation of swelling
- Increases muscular tone
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Excellent pain relief with sore & damaged muscles
- Revitalises and rejuvenates body
- Soothes irritation
- Boost Circulation
- Produces an analgesic effect. (The body releases a natural pain relief substance (Prostaglandin) into the muscle when cold is applied)
- Decreases oedema
- Lowering sinus pressure
Benefits of warm stones:
- Heat from the stones increases the relaxation response
- Increased healing through improved blood flow and circulation
- Increased lymphatic function aiding removal of toxins
- Creates a feeling of balance and harmony
- Enables the therapist to work more deeply and effectively with chronic pain conditions
" Had my first, amazing hot stone massage tonight! Total relaxation! Pure bliss! 10/10! Thank u so much Sam xx "